Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Top 10: Design Autobiography


1. Shel Silverstein's Where the Sidewalk Ends (1974). I love the simplistic, fun drawings
2. Marvel comic books (1962), i love the edgy, clean lines that characters and objects are drawn with.
3. San Francisco (1776) i love this city and have a lot of good childhood memories there.
4. Vintage produce labels (1940's +), my mom has a couple dozen of these in the kitchen and i love the bright colors and general look.
5. My Grandama's house in Hollister
6. Japanese screens (1600's +) my grandma's house was filled with oriental things
7. Franz Kafka Society Center. The rotating bookshelves are an interesting way to treat the hundreds of books that are housed there. I am always particularly interested in shelving because I enjoy books so much.
8.Oscar de La renta (1973) floral patterns. I like the simplified lines and the bright colors
9.The Madeline books(1939)by Ludwig Bemelman. I read these books when I was in elementary school and i really like the symmetry in these books.
10. The Little Prince by Antoine de Sainte-Exupery (1943) was read to me when i was little. i love the watercolored colors

No comments: